By uniquegiftstips.com .
4.9 ★★★★★ |
This Instant Pot apple crisp recipe is amazing! Tastes like copycat Cracker Barrel baked apples we love but made in less than 20 minutes total. Warm cinnamon apples coated with a ooey gooey brown sugar glaze your family will go crazy over for sure. Try this homemade pressure cooker fruit dessert this week! #instantpot #pressurecooker #apples #applecrisp #baked #dessert #pie
Total Time: 15 Minutes,
Servings: 5 Servings
- • 8 apples small green apples are great, cored and peeled, sliced thick or cubed
- • 1 c brown sugar
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/4 tsp nutmeg optional but good if you like that flavor
- • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 c water
- • 1/2 c old fashioned oats not instant, for topping
- • 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping
- • 3 tbsp butter melted, for topping
- • 1/4 c flour for topping
- • 1/2 c brown sugar for topping
- Remove skins (no more than 1/2 or they’ll get mushy) from apples, and but them into THICK cubes or thick slices if you’d rather.
- Put sliced/cubed apples into your Instant Pot (very thick slices, and large cubes). Then add your 1 tsp. cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg if you would like, vanilla, 1 c. brown sugar, and water into your pot and stir together.
- Put lid on and close steam valve. Set to manual, pressure, high for 1 minute.
- While that’s cooking mix together your old fashioned oats, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp melted butter, 1/4 c. flour and 1/2 c brown sugar until combined well.
- Do a quick release, then lift lid.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and sprinkle your crumble mixture into your pot, gently push down into liquid allowing it to bubble and thicken with the addition of the flour and other ingredients (about 1 min).
- Stir very gently maybe 2 times during the 1-2 minutes it begins to bubble on saute (more will break up apples).
- After that time turn pot off immediately so apples don’t continue to cook. Ideally transfer to another dish and serve immediately for best pressure cooker baked apples ever.
Comment 569 /
Based On 569 Total User
/ Based On 569 Customer Reviews