By uniquegiftstips.com .
4.9 ★★★★★ |
We are a big rice family, mostly because I am a big rice gal. Rice is definitely my favorite side, so my family is subjected to it a lot. I can eat rice completely plain. A drizzle of tamari and sriracha definitely brightens it up, but I’m not picky.
Total Time: 20 Minutes,
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or Earth’s Balance (for dairy free and vegan version)
- 2 cups long grain basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped chives or green onions for garnish
- 1. In a medium saucepan combine butter, turmeric and cumin. Saute on medium heat until butter is melted and lightly foaming, while stirring it with the spices. Add rice and stir until the rice is completely coated with the spice mixture.
- 2. Add water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is completely absorbed about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm with chives or scallions.
Comment 556 /
Based On 556 Total User
/ Based On 556 Customer Reviews